Monday, March 29, 2010

The pool is officially up : )

So we put the pool up on Saturday. It was FREEZING!! I had to get in just to straighten the liner, and after the initial numbness to the toes, I was good. Ready to play, lol. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy, putting up a pool in 50 degree weather. But actually, I have a theory. Last year the pool cover we used kept moisture contained when the sun was shining on it, so when we'd uncover it, it'd actually be pretty warm. So even though this year's pool is larger, we're gonna try it out. This week, its supposed to be in the 70's and increasing to 80 degrees on Saturday. So we're gonna keep it covered all week and uncover it on Saturday to see how it feels. If its still cold, we've not lost anything, just saved us from having later work to do. If it does work, I'm gonna be in that thing all day Saturday, while my neighbors are jealous their pools aren't up yet, lol : )

We thought last year's pool cover would fit on the newer pool cause its not that much bigger and it was kinda too big for last years pool. But when we tried covering it, it wasn't big enough. So I ran to Anderson to pick up a cover to fit. When I got back and finished putting the cover on, I was cleaning up only to find a brand new cover in the bottom of the pool box. Ugh! I was so mad that I wasted all that gas to Anderson, but happy I could return the cover for something else we need; a pool light.

We bought this light that shoots different colors and rotating patterns of LED's through the water on all the walls of the pool, plus its a fountain. It's so freakin cool! We uncovered the pool last night just to see how well it'd light up and its awesome!!! Definitely gonna get some good use out of that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment